The JT Board Blog

October 23, 2005

Getting people subscribed isn’t all that hard really...

Michelle 15, Guatemala

Getting people subscribed isn’t all that hard really; you just have to know what you’re talking about and have the faith that the Lord will do it.

I had heard about the AIP camp while in the States, but wasn’t really on the ball as for me it’s a little harder to sell Activated subscriptions in English than in Spanish. So I didn’t really do much to push it. However time was ticking and by the time I got back to Guatemala I was ready to get with the Activated push.

A week after we got back I was on the schedule to go out witnessing, I went out quite nervous about what I was going to say. My mom had an appointment with one of our contacts that we were hoping to re-subscribe. I got butterflies as we walked up the stairs to his office. We started to talk with him and then my mom put me on the spot by telling him that I had something important to say. Suddenly I couldn’t talk; the words just wouldn’t come out, so I quickly let out a silent prayer and then the words immediately started to come to me. He said he would re-subscribe so then I asked him if he had any family or friends that would be interested in the Activated mag and getting subscribed as well. He said he would promise to inquire about it and he would let us know on our next visit. Through his referrals I ended up getting 4 subscriptions. Thanks to the power of Prayer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home