(An Activated! -!Conectate! – Skit!)
Written by Checko (age 15)
I was thinking about getting some extra points besides only getting subscriptions, I thought that maybe I could get out 25 mags…been there, done that…no, I had to do something else…something different…that’s it! I could participate in an Activated class! But how? Then I remembered someone’s question at an AIP meeting, “Can I do a skit and get 2 points?”, then came the answer, “Yes.”…so I thought, that’s it! I can do a skit for an Activated class.
So I started to practice for a skit that I thought would be appropriate for the Activated meeting, but then when we got to the Activated meeting site I started to get nervous…”I’ve never done a skit in public before…I’ve never done a skit before (at least not in front of people that I didn’t already know for at least 2 years…and not a skit where I have to talk! IN SPANISH!) It’s never been done before! I think I’ll wait to see if it can be done first”, I thought. But then I remembered, ”Call on the Keys of boldness and I will help you perform better than you thought was possible.” So I claimed the Keys and said a quick prayer before it was time to do the skit, and when the time to do the skit came, I was able to just get up there and not worry about what I thought that people were thinking about me. It was pretty cool, and the skit went really well.

Then it came time for another skit, someone in the home asked me to come up with a skit on witnessing. I thought of one and began practicing for it with someone else from the home. But when the class was only like an hour away, the person I was acting with found out that she couldn’t do it! “What could I do? I can’t do this skit by myself! I’ve already tried that and it came out a failure”, I thought. So I prayed and asked the Lord what I could do, because this skit required, at least 2 people, and it was only me. Then the doorbell rang. It was one of our active members that arrived extra early for some reason. “He can help”, I thought to myself. So I went up to him and said, “hola, como estas?” (the usual). And then I said, “Quieres participar en un ‘*esketch’?” And he said sure and so we started practicing again and it came out pretty good. So finally when everyone else arrived, we were finally ready and when it was time to get up on stage and act, again, it worked out, and it came out really good!
*(esketch: skit)
I was thinking about getting some extra points besides only getting subscriptions, I thought that maybe I could get out 25 mags…been there, done that…no, I had to do something else…something different…that’s it! I could participate in an Activated class! But how? Then I remembered someone’s question at an AIP meeting, “Can I do a skit and get 2 points?”, then came the answer, “Yes.”…so I thought, that’s it! I can do a skit for an Activated class.
So I started to practice for a skit that I thought would be appropriate for the Activated meeting, but then when we got to the Activated meeting site I started to get nervous…”I’ve never done a skit in public before…I’ve never done a skit before (at least not in front of people that I didn’t already know for at least 2 years…and not a skit where I have to talk! IN SPANISH!) It’s never been done before! I think I’ll wait to see if it can be done first”, I thought. But then I remembered, ”Call on the Keys of boldness and I will help you perform better than you thought was possible.” So I claimed the Keys and said a quick prayer before it was time to do the skit, and when the time to do the skit came, I was able to just get up there and not worry about what I thought that people were thinking about me. It was pretty cool, and the skit went really well.

Then it came time for another skit, someone in the home asked me to come up with a skit on witnessing. I thought of one and began practicing for it with someone else from the home. But when the class was only like an hour away, the person I was acting with found out that she couldn’t do it! “What could I do? I can’t do this skit by myself! I’ve already tried that and it came out a failure”, I thought. So I prayed and asked the Lord what I could do, because this skit required, at least 2 people, and it was only me. Then the doorbell rang. It was one of our active members that arrived extra early for some reason. “He can help”, I thought to myself. So I went up to him and said, “hola, como estas?” (the usual). And then I said, “Quieres participar en un ‘*esketch’?” And he said sure and so we started practicing again and it came out pretty good. So finally when everyone else arrived, we were finally ready and when it was time to get up on stage and act, again, it worked out, and it came out really good!
*(esketch: skit)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home