All Things ARE Possible
Alyx (16), Leon.
When I first heard about this competition, I was, well, a little less than enthusiastic.
I had been here for about three months before the mini camp and so my Spanish was, understandably, non-existent.
I could say things like ''Hola!'' , ''Como estas!'' , give faint smiles and say ''No hablo espanol'' when people made the mistake of thinking I was Mexican and began rattling off in long complicated sentences in Spanish.
Not only that, but, Activated? A minimum of 40 points? I didn't know anything about the magazine, much less how to sell it!
But hey, God's strength is made perfect in weakness right? So I started off the first month with writing some of my relatives. As a result...everyone I asked subscribed! I also went out with a very helpful translating partner, who talked and translated for me, and I got two subscriptions that way. Leaving me with....35 points by the end of June!
Definitely not a record breaker, but it goes to show that all things ARE possible.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home