The JT Board Blog

July 29, 2005

...we figured we’d give it a shot...


Gabe and his younger brother Christopher(13).

Well, Hello there, my name is Gabriel, I’m 15 & I live in Guatemala. This is a testimony about how I got my first subscription. It happened on a Friday, the day of the week where I’m assigned to go witnessing. I had never gotten out a subscription before & I was really praying that I would get my first one today. I also hoped that in getting this one it would give me more faith to get the ones I need in order to go to the camp in Mexico. So after devotions I started getting ready. I’ll just name a few of the things on the list: Put on a nice shirt, some nice pants, nice shoes, put on some nice cologne, & a nice smile, etc. So then we were off. It took us awhile to get there due to traffic & I began to wonder if we would even have enough time. However when we got there, there were a lot of businesses open & the fact that my partner (Andres, 17) was a very good witnesser not to mention fluent in Spanish made me believe that it wouldn’t be hard to get a subscription.
But as we witnessed through the day we found most people to be very mean, the whole time we only sold 2 mags & one CD. We had already been to all the shops in that area & we still had one hour before our team came to pick us up. So somewhat discouraged we went to call our team but as we were walking to the phone my partner got a check to go to a bank that was a little ways away from the phone booth. This was one of the few businesses we hadn’t gone to so we figured we’d give it a shot. We went to talk to the manager & found him to be very friendly. We told him about the subscription & he seemed to like it but was not entirely convinced. He said he would just go ahead & get the mags separately. Then we explained to him about the camp & that if he got them separately it wouldn’t count as many points for us. Whenever my partner was talking I was praying & claiming the keys that he would get subscribed. Well sure enough he decided to subscribe & as we walked out of the Bank with that subscription we praised the Lord because he turned what seemed like a really bad day into a beautiful, wonderful, inspiring, happy, magnificent, incredible, stupendous, cool, nifty, fly as heck day.
So keep going out there and winning the world for Jesus. Amen!
GBY! ILY! Bye-Bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home