The JT Board Blog

August 28, 2005

‘Rumblies in my tumblies’

Tina (Guatemala)

When I was 14, I had never given or planned a class before. Our home had a very active bible class and we had some incredibly smart teachers, so I had never been called upon to give one.


One fine morning, however, the home decided to give a class on various heavy doctrines and they needed a backup class in case for some reason a bunch of new guys came (consequently that’s exactly what happened).

Olivia (17) and I were asked to plan it.

‘Uhhh… so what do we do?” I asked. ‘Let’s pray, and see what topic we get’ she answered.

So that’s what we did. I closed my eyes and tried to concentrate on receiving thoughts of wisdom from the most high. Well, I didn’t seem to be thinking of anything. The only thing running through my mind was the song ‘Music with Meaning’.

I opened my eyes. ‘So what did you get?’ “Something about music maybe?”

By some kind of miracle that’s what she got too. We agreed on the topic, and then decided to read Musical Key and a couple of other excerpts from the Letters.

So when class day came around I was pretty nervous but thankfully, even though it was a big crowd, it seemed to be a current issue in a lot of their lives. The Lord somehow managed to work through us and the people really enjoyed it. Most of all, they learned from it and we gained valuable information. Since then I’ve given about 15 classes, and even though I still always get ‘Rumblies in my tumblies’ before a class, I ‘m sure that I am fully capable of it with the Lords help.

Everybody’s different when it comes to giving classes, so don’t feel bad if you can’t just read about a subject and then just ‘spout’. I’ve never been able to do that. Usually I have to have a pen and paper, write down what I’m planning on saying and then say it. But whatever it is, if it’s got the Lord in it, it can’t fail because He just won’t let it. Just pray, get his ideas and counsel and then give it without any fear or anything because that’s what can
really mess things up. But anyway, I think I’ll stop now because this is getting a little long. Wishing you all the best with your point-getting projects.

Love you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home