The JT Board Blog

July 29, 2005

...“I just need to have faith...”

Emily 13, Guatemala

Well, it was a week after our AIP meeting and I still didn’t have any points! What should it do? I thought frantically, scurrying around, desperately trying to find a solution. Then that still, small voice that is always there when you need it said, “Trust in Me, I’ll work everything out!” the horrible knots that had been cramping my stomach I felt no more. “With the keys nothing is impossible!” Said Jesus once more. “I just need to have faith.” I said aloud, finishing up my job. The next day can you guess who was assigned for witnessing? You guessed it! Me! It was one of my first times going out to push subscriptions and I was a little nervous. I really have a problem with “butterflies” at the most “convenient” moments, and it frequently makes me a laughing stock. Anyway, I decided to take the plunge and went out with a fellow JETT. We got our lines and decided to take turns talking. As we walked up to our first prospect (it was a Chinese restaurant) my stomach slowly but surely clenched and I felt like I wouldn't be able to do it. I grabbed an auntie, which was out with us, and told her my problem. We prayed together desperately and claimed the keys of Boldness. Instantly I felt like I could do it. I marched up to the owner and an hour later we were heading home with two subscriptions! Thanks to Jesus and the keys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home