The JT Board Blog

October 23, 2005

The AIP has now become an adventure for me...

AIP Testimony by Nina (14)

When I first heard of the AIP I was almost overwhelmed with excitement. Here was a perfect opportunity for me to learn, though I knew it would be a challenge. I must admit it, I was nervous. I wasn’t sure what to say or do, since I had never done something like this before, so I knew it would have to be the Lord. We then had to go to another city to take my younger brothers to a camp. Since it was in the same city as my sister lived in we decided to stay on to visit with her. Because of all our traveling, by the time we got started there were only two months left to get in the needed points.

First, I went out with my mom to visit a friend of hers. I felt nervous the whole way there. But I knew I had to just do it. The lady and her husband own a Christian book store. My mom told the lady I had something to ask her, so I took the plunge. I asked her if she would like to sign up to Conectate. I explained to her that it was for a competition that we were having and that I would really like it if she would subscribe. She agreed to it but she said she would have to ask her husband if she could. She asked him, but he said they had so many other subscriptions that they didn’t need any more. Feeling a little discouraged, we prepared to leave. The lady then came over to me and told me she couldn’t subscribe herself, but gave me the money for one, instructing me to give it to whomever I wanted. I was so happy and excited that I couldn’t contain myself. I started thanking her profusely! The Lord has done many wonderful miracles since.

Another time I offered it to an already subscribed friend. He was interested in helping and decided to get six subscriptions for different friends of his. The AIP has now become an adventure for me and is one of the most fun opportunities I’ve ever had and I know that if it’s possible for me to do this then its possible for you to. The Lord can use anyone including me and you. God bless you. Keep going for Jesus. “Take time with Me, filling up on My Word, claiming the keys, praying for miracles, and praising Me and you’ll see tremendous and miraculous things take place as you go out to reach the lost.”


A.I.P. Testimony by Paco (14)

When I first heard about the Teen camp, I was a little unsure about being able to go, being that I never ever have done anything like this before. I was also quite excited at the fact that I would be chosen to go to this Teen camp, besides the fact that I was rather nervous as to getting 8 or more subscriptions out. I also faced a few problems, but with every problem, comes a solution, and I found that out, as you will see:

Problem 1: I just recently arrived from China, where I didn’t do very much of the personal introductions in witnessing, but was rather mostly involved in our Home’s follow up meetings and classes. Problem 2: Having just recently come to Mexico from a field where maybe one person in 10,000 speak some Spanish, I don’t yet know very much. Problem 3: Our Home had gotten a late start on the program, due to some needed travels by half of the Home. Also, when we wrote in to reserve a place for us at the camp, it was late, and our chances didn’t look too good. But, with prayer and claiming the keys, it looks now like a reality!

There are some great advantages to the A.I.P., such as it being a new and fun thing for us to do, an opportunity to visit and fellowship, and a new challenge in using the power of prayer. The fun part includes meeting new people, advertising Activated, and getting to go to a Teen camp.


Here is a testimony of one person who subscribed: Felipe is a Christian friend who helps us with auto parts. He came to visit our Home one day with his wife and children for a barbecue. Afterwards, my parents were talking with Him a little about Activated, but I drew a blank at first as far as knowing how to explain the A.I.P. and asking him to subscribe. But, the Lord helped me over the hump, I explained and asked in a very simple way in English, which my Dad interpreted, and he was not only happy to get a subscription, but also said that he would like to ask his friends to do the same, or put me in contact with them so I can ask them myself! Yaaaaaay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home