AIP TESTIMONIES -- Guatemala
OLIVIA (17)Since the AIP has started I have been thinking of ways to achieve points, some that have worked others that…..haven’t and I have found the most successful is undoubtedly pushing Activated subscriptions. So every chance I have do that, though I only go hardcore witnessing once a week due to school, I do. For instance, we go to a gym and I usually just do the Stairmaster but I have found that it is the perfect opportunity to talk to the person next to me about Activated and if they are interested I bring the subscription card the next day. This method has already yielded quite a few! And if you think age matters, there are like four 12 to 15 year olds’ that come to bible classes and I decided to test the limits and presented it to them and it turned out their parents helped them all subscribe. I guess it just comes down to getting the Activated high and understanding or more like realizing that there are no impossibilities. On our free day we were walking and ran into a foreigner who struck up a conversation with us when much to his surprise we pulled out the album and offered him Activated and needless to say he was interested. So my point is anywhere, anytime, and to anyone, I mean the foreigner dude was from Holland or something and you know how hard that kind can be.
Once while out with my witnessing partner, we were walking down the street, along a big walled house looking for a place to go when out of a black door walks a little brown man. The door swiftly shut behind him but it was just enough time to catch a quick glimpse inside. “For being so dumpy on the outside it’s pretty nice in there,” I pointed out to Danny. We decided to ring the door bell and out rang a woman’s voice from the intercom, ‘Si?” We asked for the “manager” (we weren’t quite sure what the place was). Luckily due to traffic she couldn’t hear us. “Click”, the sound of the intercom hanging up, next thing we know the door is opening…..but wait where is the person…..oh down there. Standing in front of us is the tiny little maid. “Si?” comes the repeated question. We again ask for the manager. Her face takes on a puzzled expression then she says “Con el senor?” Uh ya…whoever. She told us to quickly come in and walk through the garden to the porch. We wondered why we were ushered in so quickly but we didn’t have long to go before a guard walked around the corner with a massive shot gun in hand…..yikes where are we and what are we doing here? We sat down on the porch at the same time coming to the rather frightful conclusion that we were in somebody’s private house and a rich one at that. No, I can’t be getting nervous now. Not before I’m going to talk. Just then the door opened and a well to do, elderly man walked out. Hey is that me running out the door….hehe…Right back to the PROBLEM at hand. I shot up a quick prayer and with sheer exertion I began explained to the bewildered man why we were IN HIS HOUSE! Anyhow he turned out to be a politician who had been exiled from the country about nine times, pretty much every time there was a corrupt president. He was such a precious guy and subscribed on the spot. After that we got two more subscriptions, TTL!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home