BLAST 2006 - Day 5
Blast is coming to an end. It’s been fun, feeding, tiring (in a good way) and a total blast in every respect. Everyone I’ve interviewed or talked to about it has said how much they’ve enjoyed it so far, how they didn’t think it would top last year’s yet it has, and how they wish it wouldn’t end.
Day five started off with more rock’em sock’em inspiration, performed by several different bands. There was lots of “Shake, Shake” and other action songs, a lot of people getting up on stage to dance and do the actions… a great way to get the adrenaline going and the spirit flowing!
The morning class for junior teens was a sobering class called “Called and Chosen” covering the very sobering aspects of our obedience and dedication to the Lord. At the same time the senior teens were having a class about the law of love, covering its practical application in everyday life.
While this was going on the staff were having a feeding and inspiring class about the Holy Spirit, followed by a prayer for an infilling of the Holy Spirit. I got a few reactions afterwards:
Micah, 22 (BLAST security)
H: What was your reaction to the refilling of the Holy Spirit event?
M: Wow! I wish I could do that everyday! I wish that it wasn’t just a once in awhile thing but we could feel the spirit that strong everyday, to be able to humble ourselves, die daily, and feel that mind-meld with the Lord and his spirit flowing through us all the time.
H: Do you think it’ll make a difference when you get back home, in your daily life?
M: I think so, but I know I will have to be determined to keep it up. To dig into the Word and be desperate to not let my spirit slack or slide. ▲
Iman, 25 (BLAST team leader)
H: Can you tell me how the Holy Spirit refilling was for you?
I: Very heavy! As I was standing in line for my turn to receive the infilling, I could feel the spirit very heavy in the room. I had a spiritual experience a couple of years ago where I could feel a weight, well not really a weight, just a presence coming down on me, and when I got to the front of the line this morning and kneeled down, I felt that it was just very heavy for me. After Esther prayed for me I went back my seat and there were others sitting around me who had also just been prayed for. And I wept… tears of joy and happiness, those around me were doing the same. It was such a special and moving time and I really felt that from here on out it’s going to be nowhere but up! ▲
The evening activity was a rock concert, and it rocked hard! Vas, Godfrey, Chris and John P got up to do a set. The atmosphere in the room was electric and it was easy to just “let go” in the spirit and be borne up and away by the music and the energy and spirit flowing freely.
Thus the final full day of BLAST came and went. There’s only half a day left. It’s the last, but not the least.
Click for a few pics from day five.
Day five started off with more rock’em sock’em inspiration, performed by several different bands. There was lots of “Shake, Shake” and other action songs, a lot of people getting up on stage to dance and do the actions… a great way to get the adrenaline going and the spirit flowing!
The morning class for junior teens was a sobering class called “Called and Chosen” covering the very sobering aspects of our obedience and dedication to the Lord. At the same time the senior teens were having a class about the law of love, covering its practical application in everyday life.While this was going on the staff were having a feeding and inspiring class about the Holy Spirit, followed by a prayer for an infilling of the Holy Spirit. I got a few reactions afterwards:
Micah, 22 (BLAST security)
H: What was your reaction to the refilling of the Holy Spirit event?
M: Wow! I wish I could do that everyday! I wish that it wasn’t just a once in awhile thing but we could feel the spirit that strong everyday, to be able to humble ourselves, die daily, and feel that mind-meld with the Lord and his spirit flowing through us all the time.H: Do you think it’ll make a difference when you get back home, in your daily life?
M: I think so, but I know I will have to be determined to keep it up. To dig into the Word and be desperate to not let my spirit slack or slide. ▲
Iman, 25 (BLAST team leader)
H: Can you tell me how the Holy Spirit refilling was for you?
I: Very heavy! As I was standing in line for my turn to receive the infilling, I could feel the spirit very heavy in the room. I had a spiritual experience a couple of years ago where I could feel a weight, well not really a weight, just a presence coming down on me, and when I got to the front of the line this morning and kneeled down, I felt that it was just very heavy for me. After Esther prayed for me I went back my seat and there were others sitting around me who had also just been prayed for. And I wept… tears of joy and happiness, those around me were doing the same. It was such a special and moving time and I really felt that from here on out it’s going to be nowhere but up! ▲
The evening activity was a rock concert, and it rocked hard! Vas, Godfrey, Chris and John P got up to do a set. The atmosphere in the room was electric and it was easy to just “let go” in the spirit and be borne up and away by the music and the energy and spirit flowing freely.
Thus the final full day of BLAST came and went. There’s only half a day left. It’s the last, but not the least.
Click for a few pics from day five.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home